Hotel Singaar International
Address: 5/22, Main Road, , Kanyakumari
Location: City Center
Property Type: Business And Leisure Hotel
Accessibility: Airport: 92KM., Railway Station: 0.5KM., Bus
About Kanyakumari Tourism
Kanyakumari in Tamilnadu is one destination that is visited by both the travelers ie those looking for a religious place to visit and those who just want to relax. The city named after the Kanyakumari temple
is dedicated to Kumari Amman and is a great pilgrim destination. Beside also get to explore the natural beauty of the city. Lets have a look at different option offered by Kanyakumari tourism.
Kanyakumari Tourist Places
Having extreme natural beauty and also the religious significance there is so much to see in Kanyakumari that you will never get enough of it.
Kanyakumari Temple: See The Sacred Site
» Gandhi Mandapam : The Historical Place
- Dedicated to Devi Kumari Amman (Kanya Kumari), the Kanyakumari temple is one of the major attractions.
- According to legends, this is the same spot where the body parts of Goddess Parvati fell.
- According to legends when Parvati's father refused to marry her to Lord Shiva she went sati and that is when Shiva performed Tandav.
- The temple treasures an idol of virgin deity, made of black stone with a diamond nose ring glittering in the dark chambers.
» Vivekananda Memorial : The Wonder Made of Rock
- Gandhi Mandapam is a famous historical place known for its cultural richness and significance and is also a popular Kanyakumari tourist place to see.
- The memorial was built in the year 1952 to mark the birthday of Gandhi.
- There is a library inside the memorial that has a really nice collection of history and philosophy books.
» Suchindram Temple : See The Hindu Trinity
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial is one of the major tourist places in Kanyakumari.
- Located at the center of the sea, Vivekananda memorial was built in 1970.
- One can also see the divine foot print of Devi Parvati here known as 'Pada Parai'.
- Visitors have to take a ferry to reach this memorial.
» Our Lady of Ransom Church : The Architectural Wonder
- Located just 13 km from Kanyakumari, Suchindram temple is dedicated to a deity who represents a integrated forces of Hindu Trinity -Siva, Vishnu and Brahma.
- The temple is one of the few temples in India where the three gods are worshiped together.
- Suchindram Temple is decorated with marvelous gopuram architecture, musical pillars and also ancient idols of Lord Hanuman.
» Padmanabhapuram Palace : The Historical Monument
- Designed in 15th century the church architecture was inspired from Gothic style. Built in Gothic style of architecture, the temple was designed in 15th century A.D.
- The Church is decorated with an old style thatched roof and gold cross placed on central tower.
- The sea makes a perfect backdrop alluring the travelers and devotees coming here.
- Located 15 km from Nagercoil, Padmanabhapuram Palace in Kanyakumari is one of the most well known monuments in South India
- Being at the center of the political power of Travancore Empire, the brilliant architecture of this palace is amongst the most well known in south India.
- The architecture of the palace is simply worth watching.
Place To See Near Kanyakumari Tamil Nadu
Kanyakumari to Kovalam : Beach Paradise
Tourism in Kanyakumari offers you to enjoy some peaceful moments on Kovalam beach located just 84 km from Kanyakumari India. Also get to relax with ayurvedic massage at the serene backwater houseboat.
Kanyakumari to Kumarakom : Enjoy Backwater Holidays
Yet another destination in Kerala that has gained popularity due to its natural beauty. Kumarakom is 264 km away from Kanyakumari and is a famous destination for backwater tour and bird watching destination.
Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram : Another Famous Pilgrim Destination
Located at a distance of 300 km, Rameshwaram's popularity lies in housing a temple dedicated to Lord Rama. Also at the beach spend some idle moments with family and friends.
Where To Stay In Kanyakumari Tamilnadu
Kanyakumari tourism offer nice accommodation facilities according to your budget. Here are some of the most well known hotels of Kanyakumari
(managed by Tamilnadu tourism department)where you can stay
- Hotel Tamil Nadu - 4 Star Hotel
- Devasthanam Rest House - 3 Star House
- Youth Hostel (TTDC) - Budget Hotel
- Malaimagal Illam - 3 Star House
- Kalaimagal Illam - 3 Star House
How To Reach Kanyakumari:
» By Air:
The closest airport is at Trivandrum (80 km).
» By Rail:
Tirunelvelli (80 km) is the nearest railway station
» By Road:
Kanyakumari is connected by road to Trivandrum (86 km), Nagarkoil (19 km), Tirunelvelli (91 km), Tiruchendur (89 km), Tuticorin (129 km), Rameshwaram (300 km), Courtallam (130 km), Madurai (242 km), Thekkady (358 km), Kodaikanal (362 km), Palani (370 km), Ootacamund (576 km), Cochin (309 km), and Coimbatore